Friday, October 19, 2012

A Strange Paradox



I am about to hang out washing and do yesterdays dishes. I have had low motivation this week and would prefer to stay in bed. Not sure if I lack physical energy ... or psychological energy! Such beautiful weather ... and I have ALL I need in Christ, so I really have no excuse or reason to feel 'lacking'. 

Practicing thankFULLness is harder some days more than others! 

Me being consumed with thoughts about 'me'- whether prideful or loathsome - are both dishonouring God; not recognising who He is, what He has done and who I am in Him. 

Oh, how I need his grace, mercy, love and acceptance hour by hour, minute by minute. Why do I not rest in this - in His love ... rather than being paralysed by my own thoughts, beating me up, from every side? The more angry I become with myself for not keeping up with the house or being the friend I think I should be - the more paralysed I become; the less I do; the more I procrastinate and avoid. BUT, when I rest in him ... I am suddenly FREE to spring into action! What a strange paradox! Knowing I am loved already - IN my frailty and inability - enables me to work hard, without feeling bound in obligation, guilt and self-loathing. My actions instead, spring gladly from a thankful response, and anything I am able to 'achieve' is a bonus - recognising His pure grace and enabling.



He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?

No comments:

Post a Comment